Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Banana Pancakes...

Well lets say I need some banana pancake time... sometime to sit and just do nothing. I haven't been able to do that for awhile. Which really is the normal. So this weekend I went to New York with Brittain. We left Friday morning and took the bus up. It is a bit longer but a lot cheaper than taking the trains. Then we got there and made the way to the tour bus, we did the double decker bus tour all weekend. We went to the empire state building and then made are way into the theater district and saw rent. It was amazing. It is such a good and emotional and powerful and just great play. There are such happy and sooo sad parts and it is such an amazing story and the cast was great. Then we crashed and slept in which was very nice. Then we got back on the bus and went around central park and then we went around through the down town and went into Chinatown and to the trade center and then up to Rockefeller center and then ate dinner at the largest T.G.I.F. also the most expensive. Then we went through NY and Brooklyn at night. It was really cool. Got to see alot, focused much more on the architecture and it was great. Then we went to a comedy club and it was okay. One of the five comedians was great the others were ehh. Then sunday morning we went to the statue of liberty and eilis island. Now I have decided I want to create a family tree up both sides of my family since we dont have one, at least not that I know of. I don't know when exactly I will do this but sometime when I actually have free time. Which may not be anytime soon. Well then we went to the Sea Port which was a bit interesting and oh it rained and we got wet and well it was fun in some ways. We also went to the UN and had a tour there. It was amazing. Who knows maybe I will work on a staff there at some point. After that we went headed back. It was a relatively long bus ride. Didn't get to bed until about 130 and then I had to be at work at 830 for a 9am tour. Then I didn't leave until 730. It was a long day. I've been really busy at work and it will just continue that way. Although its all good. Some good things are going on and there is a bill to support towns/universities/others that are trying to pull away from using companies that are directly/indirectly affecting the genocide going on in Dafur and the Sudan. It is going to pass right through too which is great. Its nice when there is hope that are country is actually doing something good. Well now I am exhausted and I want to sleep. Get to sleep in a bit since I have to go to the Italian Embassy which doesn't open until 10am. Other than that I am just being very busy and very tired but all is good...

So basically what I need is to "sleep in pretend like its the weekend now, we could pretend it all the time..."

1 comment:

jmacnee said...

Hey Baby, sounds like fun but you were tired.....love your ramble though....

As for the Family Tree....on the MacNee side the best person to talk with is Uncle Jimmy Coburn, he's got an encyclopedic mind when it comes to family... and Grandma is pretty good on her side of the family too...

Love ya

Dad