Sunday, July 1, 2007

Love You...Love this town...

Its been a good weekend. I had friday off which was nice, slept in, got my laundry done, and went to the holocaust museum. Obviously the later is what was truly exciting. I have waited about 6 years and two weeks to do it and it was definalty worth it. I spent over 3 hours wandering around the museum and it is amazing, and so moving. Really reminds you to look at your life and go "life really is great", that whole perspective thingy. It was millions of times better than the Museum of Tolerance (the copycat in LA). I would def recommend it to anyone coming out here, even if you are not a history person. Then came back and just crashed for awhile, went to dinner with a bunch of my housemates and some of their friends, including our new housemate Julie who is from France and interning her for the summer. Then saturday was nice and causual. Woke up around 10ish and wandered to find the blockbuster that no longer exists. But instead found whole foods and came back and made french toast out of french bread for lunch. Then was lazy the rest of the day not doing much. Baked brownies and watched Phantom of the Opera, and read a lot ( I have now finished 5 books since I've been here). Oh by the way I have missed reading so much. I get to do it everyday which is great. Atleast when I commute which is at minimum and hour. Commuting is not the most stressful activity in the world if you have a book. Although that would not work in Socal since reading and the freeway do not mix well. Today started with going to church which was at 11 problem was I woke up at 1045, oh and its about an 8 minute walk. It was okay though. It was also the best mass I have out here so far. But im pretty picky. Then we went over to a friends house while waiting for people and watched wimbelton and Batman and Robin. Making fun of the later people were suprised that I actualy like Ice Man as my governor and who like him to run for Senate next (yes that would be a fun campaign to work on), maybe I won't leave Cali right after I graduate or just come back for a bit (since boxer isn't up for 4 years). But anyways so we then walked to foggy bottom, a metro stop about 2 miles away and then went to the Smithsonian Folk Festival. It was on Northern Ireland and a river area in Asia. Interesting but nothing too exciting but Im glad I did it. Im pretty sure Im from Southern Ireland but I have no clue. I think that is where the catholics are from but if you want to fill be in just let me know. At somepoint I want to get to know more about our family heritage, maybe Ill start doing that in my free time. Who knows... On the way back I did a bit shopping another 2 mile walk. But I found a pair of steve madden flats for $20, which makes me ohh soo happy. Then I came back had some dinner and crashed from all that walking. Plus this week I am going to go back up to the Jersey shore and visit the fam and then I finally get to go to NY this weekend and then get to see Great Britain, well maybe not Great Britain the place but Great Brittian the person is more than likely going to come out and spend a week with me. Which is great since I miss her and def miss all my friends so very much.

Basically life is great but Im tired so good night and to quote a country song. To all of you reading this "There's only one four letter word that will do ... Love You..."

No comments: